Each time you visit our website or access our products, we collect certain information from your computer. The information is used exclusively by TIES and is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. There are four types of information that our site may collect during your visit: (1) Network Traffic Logs, (2) Use Logs, (3) Cookies, and (4) Information Voluntarily Provided By You.
(1) Network Traffic Logs
In order to ensure network security and provide consistent service for all users, TIES uses software programs to perform numerous functions, e.g., monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage TIES computers or the network, and to monitor and tune the performance of the TIES network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as email headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the TIES networks and computer systems. Personally identifiable information ("PII") from these activities is not released to external parties without your consent unless required by applicable federal or state laws, including the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA) or the Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA).
(2) Use Logs
When you use our products/services or visit our website, TIES may collect and store information about your experience using our website and your usage of our products/services. That information may include the pages visited on the website, the date and time of the visit, the Internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, and search terms used on our search engines. We use google analytics and inspectlet, which records usage of our products. Our intent is to improve our website and user experience and interaction with our products. Please note that inspectlet has an opt-out option (https://www.inspeclet.com/optout).
TIES, like many other websites, uses "cookies." Cookies are pieces of information stored by your web browser on behalf of a website and returned to the website on request. If you agree by configuring your browser to accept cookies, then your browser adds the text in a small file on your computer. The cookie keeps track of your stay at our website. The cookie is destroyed when the user successfully logs out. Cookies remain on your computer.
(4) Information Voluntarily Provided by You
When you sign up for and use our products/services, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. That information may include your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number credit card information as well as student data including without limitation, PII, assessment data (collectively, "Personal Information"). Personal Information you provide us will be used only for the purpose indicated and so that we can serve your needs. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your Personal Information without your consent, except to the extent required by law. We do not retain Personal Information longer than necessary for normal operations or as needed by schools.
TIES maintains student data, including without limitation, PII and assessment data in accordance with FERPA and applicable state laws, including MGDPA. TIES does not share that data except to (1) provide service directly to the school or district; (2) maintain and improve TIES products and services; (3) for research purposes in an aggregated and de-identified manner; or (4) to comply with state or federal laws or to comply with a ruling from a court of law.
TIES maintains a secure environment using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology a prevalent and secure system available online, and consistent with industry-standard security precautions. SSL is a complex form of cryptography that makes it nearly impossible for a third party to decrypt information you provide. Information is stored and backed-up on servers hosted by Amazon Web Services. To learn more about their security protocols, please review the following website: https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/overview-of-security-processes
Student Privacy Pledge
We agree not to do any of the following:
- Collect, maintain, use or share student PII other than as-needed for authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the parent or student.
- Sell student PII.
- Use or disclose student PII for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the parent or student.
- Knowingly retain student PII beyond the time period required to support an authorized educational or school purpose, or as authorized by the parent or student.
We agree to do the following:
- Collect, use, share and retain student PII only for purposes for which we were authorized by the educational institution or agency, the teacher or the parent or student.
- Disclose and describe clearly in contracts or privacy policies the types of student personal information we collect and the purposes for which the information we maintain is used or shared with third parties.
- Support access to and correction of student personally identifiable information by the student or their authorized parent by assisting the student or parent directly, or the educational institution.
- Maintain a comprehensive security program reasonably designed to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality and integrity of student PII against risks, for example, unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure through the use of administrative, technological and physical safeguards commensurate with the sensitivity of the information.
1667 Snelling Ave. N.
St. Paul, MN 55018